The Avro CF-100 "Canuck" was the only Canadian designed and built jet fighter to enter operational service. From 1950 to 1958, 692 Canucks were built. At one time, CF-100s were flown by 13 Canadian front-line all-weather squadrons. They remained in service until 1981. For the history of the Canuck, clickhere for The Canadian Wings website, honoring the history and heritage of the Royal Canadian Air Force, or here for the National Air Force Museum of Canada's website. For the lineage history of the CF-100 on display at the Peterson Air & Space Museum, click here.
The electronic countermeasures version CF-100 on display (CF S/N 100779) was flown to Peterson AFB on 27 May 1976 from the 414 Squadron, North Bay, Ontario. The Canadian aircrew was Lt. Col E.G. Francis and Major R. A. Willhauk. Aircraft transfer arrangements were made between NORAD Deputy Commander in Chief Lt. General Richard C. Stoval, Canadian Forces, and NORAD Commander in Chief General Daniel James, Jr. A formal dedication ceremony for this aircraft was conducted at the Visitors Center (Museum) on Peterson AFB CO in July 1976. Click here for more CF-100 photos scanned from the Peterson Museum's archives. Click here for more information on the CF-100 as provided by Canadian Forces Public Affairs, North Bay, Ontario.